RE: mystery switch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mystery switch
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:29:58 -0700

> There is a switch on the left side of the steering column of my '69 BGT.
> It is a "slide switch".  It does not seem to do anything.  I thought
> that it was supposed to turn the instrumentation lights on and off,
> but it doesn't seem to do that.  If someone knows the mystery of the
> switch, could you please tell me.

That's no mystery, it is indeed the instrument lights on/off switch.  It is
possible that some DPO has removed the switch from the circuit and wired the
instrument lights on permanently.  A second, although less likely,
explanation for your circumstance is that the switch is correctly wired, but
stuck in the 'on' position even though the switch actuator moves back and
forth.

Andy
--
'69 B (with working mystery switch).  Actually it is a bit of a mystery as
to why anyone would want to turn the panel lights off.