Re: New Aluminum Head

Subject: Re: New Aluminum Head
From: "MGB73" <mgb73@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:22:24 -0700
Ok...Ok.  I'll elaborate.  8^)

1st, the cast iron head did need to be replaced...bad #3 valve.  And, I have
made some other mods...shallow dish pistons.  So, some of those mods will
have made part of the difference.  But, the local mechanic (Al at British
Motors, San Diego--specializes in B's)  says it is one of the fastest B's
he's driven.  (Of course, fast and B is kinda relative isn't...doesn't
exactly squeal wheels 8^)

However, I think part of the improvement  is attributable to the head
because:
  -- it allows a cooler running engine/head ... which theoretically improves
fuel efficiency
  -- increased port sizes in this particular head --- more air in and
quicker out = more horsepower

Cheers,

Nick

> >But, the aluminum head made all the difference in
> >performance.
>
> In what way "all the difference"?  More power? Better fuel economy?
Running