Re: Fuel hoses, MGB

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel hoses, MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:41:17 -0700
There was a recent thread about the old braided hoses being possibly
dangerous as the braided covers hide the deterioration of the rubber.

As for the fuel filter, I found a good place was where the metal line
comes across the firewall behind the cylinder head, and then the rubber
hose has to make a tight right angle turn to reach the rear carb. I
installed a plastic filter that has a built-in right angle (outlet is 90
degrees from the inlet), eliminating the bend in the hose and using two
short straight sections. I believe this filter is from a Toyota, but I
just picked it out from the rack at the parts store, looking through the
blister packs for one with the correct configuration.

cl4rk2@worldnet.att.net had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149