Re: Moss Sale, and new mystery to solve

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Moss Sale, and new mystery to solve
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:10:27 +0100
If the engine carried on running then you had power to at least some of the
brown circuit that feeds the lights and the ignition.

Did the panel lights go out at the same time?  If so then it sounds like a
problem in the brown feed to the light switch.

If not, then did you try the dip switch i.e. were both beams out?  If so
then check the blue from the light switch to the dip switch.  If the other
beam was OK then check the blue/white or blue/red from the dip-switch to the
headlamps.

BTW, the headlamp flasher is fed from a completely different circuit (the
purple) so if it happens again try pulling the headlamp flasher as well as
trying the dip switch.

PaulH.
MG Cars Webring MG Site of the Month - September '99
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)