Somebody stop me ;)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Somebody stop me ;)
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:50:22 +1000
Hi all,

I've gone and done it now. I've bought an MGC GT. <G> 1 down, two to go to
MG nirvana <G>. But before I get any more I'll need a barn to store them all
in!! <G> Yep, well here's the details. It's a 1968 MG C GT. Chassis# 3996
Mileage is 36,000, and by the look of it, it's original. It has been
resprayed Blue, but was originallly BRG makes me wonder why such a low
mileage car would be resprayed, but in CA with the sun anything is possible,
after all my BGT was black (orig racing green) and that only had 24,000mls
on it when we bought it. A friend spotted the C for sale in his town in
Northern CA. It was a *very* quick purchase! Thanks Ron! I know you're not
on this list, but thanks anyway. :) Also thanks to John in Florida who took
a look at another C for me, but unfortunately that one was a bit too rusty.
This list is great! So many nice people on it. :) Well, back to the car. The
Interior has recently been redone, dash recovered and whole new interior
kit. Looks nice. The paint needs to be resprayed, as it's pretty faded. Ron
has been over the car with a fine tooth comb, and there doesn't appear to be
a rust spot on it anywhere - except some very minor surface rust in the boot
/trunk which is normal. It's got wire wheels,no overdrive, but from what I
hear not so necessary in a C at any rate. This car looks in such great nick,
it will be a rolling restoration for me I think, at least for a while. I
want to drive this one! I can't believe the condition of the engine bay, it
looks mint. I still have a BGT to finish for racing (so I can kick Eric's
butt! heh heh ;) not to mention the 100 I have to do for my Dad. Arrgh. ;)
If anyones interested, you can take a look at some photo's I have of the C:
http://203.35.89.36/mgstuff/C/

I've always wanted a CGT since I was a wee kiddie <G> I absolutely love the
look of them, not to mention the 6 cylinder motor (all real MG's have 6
cylinders right? <G> kidding.), in fact this will be my first real MG
purchase. The other cars have been in the family a long time you see.

Well, last night I did more work on the A (will it ever stop? and what will
I do if it does?!? <G>), removed the dead brake line and the handbrake
cable, also cleaned up the linkage that mounts to the axle. Bending the new
brake line was a bit of a challenge, I must get the correct tool someday,
along with a tool to produce bubble flares. I could only buy one that does
double flares. Hmm.. I ended up taking the line to a brake place and they
did it for me. Bit worried about that, does not look the same. Will fit it
and see, test for any leakages etc. My supplier says it probably will work
fine, just a slightly different look - it's not as tall on the convex edge
as the orginal but it's correctly rounded.

Cheers,
Neil
61 A / 70 BGT / 68 CGT (will die happy with a PB and TwinCam, oh yeah, and a
barn :)) <G>)