Lazy norwegian GT owner

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lazy norwegian GT owner
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:31:24 +0200
So I replaced the old rear springs, and the telescopic dampers. When I took
it for a test drive, I thought I heard some new clonking, so I planned to
check it.... later.
I also planned to get under the car again, to recheck that all bolts where
tightend....later.

Took a glance in the boot. The hammer, and whatisitcalled, that I use for
the bolt on the whire weels was laying bare. Put them in some rags, did some
small trips, clonking gone. I thought.
Took a long trip on sunday. Clonking went from, 'I think there is
something', to 'should I park the car now'
 Got under the car, the two bolts. that holds the bracket for the telescopic
dampers where loos. Also the damper-bolt was loose. no wonder i had some
'clonking'.

In the future i promise to recheck all bolts
In the future i promise to recheck all bolts
In the future i promise to ......

Jon Arikstad
1970 B' GT
New rear springs.