Re: Grounds

To: "artworks@bigfoot.com (Paul Nelson)" <ya632@victoria.tc.ca>,
Subject: Re: Grounds
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:42:45 -0400
the star washer would 'supposedly' dig in to the metal and
give you a ground... BUT!
...you are minimizing the actual contact area.
You would be much better off cleaning the areas down to shiny
bare metal... coating the surfaces with electrical contact grease
which will insulate the metal from the air and limit/retard future
tarnish of the contact area. Make sure your washers/eyelets/whatever
are flat for maximum contact surface.
Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab