Distributor advance curves

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor advance curves
From: "Pearson, Tim" <tpearson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:53:39 +1000
Does anyone, by chance, have the advance curve for a Lucas 25D4-40943A
distributor?
This dizzy was the factory special tuning part, listed in 1965-66, and
supposedly it has a markedly different advance curve to the standard 40897.
This seems to be just about the only Lucas distributor that Paul Hunt's
excellent web site doesn't list....

In case anyone's wondering why I want it, I have a 66 B, recently replaced
the distributor (flogged bearings) and opted for new rather than rec'od. But
got sold a 41391 - which apparently is all that is available new now.
Curve on this does not suit my engine (9.3:1CR, K&N's, mild porting, mild
cam) - pings under load. (Even with vaccuum advance disconnnected)
I can get the 41391 recurved, but the bloke wants the curve to work off. The
40943 was recommended for factory stage 3/4 engines - which is about the
same as mine. So it sounds like the correct thing.

Thanx....

Tim
66B YGHN3-3238

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"