RE: 10,204 mile report

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: RE: 10,204 mile report
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 18:49:03 -0700
Since I've owned my '76 B almost exactly as long, I thought I would add it
up and compare. I'm guessing that Bud has some accounting/finance background
(capitalized?)

My totals: 3/3/99-10/2/99
5957 miles (163,250) (plus 1 month w/o speedo/odometer)
Gas:284 gal. 20.94 mpg
Cost:$369 (0.062/mi)

Replaced alternator/air pump
Other minor:
Speedo cable, gas gauge sending unit, heater control cable, door seals &
various light bulbs

1 tow - Due to carb diaphragm

Due next:
Manual choke conversion, adjust valves, re-torque head, rebuild/adjust carb,
replace F/R shocks & bushings, take out dents and paint.
Thanks again to Gary & Ray for their assistance!

Space isn't remote at all.  It's only an hour's drive away if your car could
go straight upwards.
-Sir Fred Hoyle, British Astronomer

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA