Re:

To: "John R. Boehmke" <mtbills@mcn.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 20:58:08 -0700
John..........

The compression sounds OK for a 90K-mile engine. The leak on the left of the
engine is almost certainly from the side covers. The heat from the catalytic
converter bakes the gaskets and the rubber O-rings under the bolt heads,
making for leaks at both places.  Replacing them is best done with the
manifold off and out of the way.

Hard starting? Almost certainly a problem with the automatic choke in the
Z-S. Fix or replace with a Weber? Depends how rich you are. Rebuilding the
Z-S costs about $275, a Weber kit plus an exhaust manifold (or header) and
installation will set you back about $600 (new parts) or $350 (used).
Opinions are mixed on the real benefits of the Weber DGV - some folks love
them, others find them to be less satisfactory.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center