New Castle - Beautiful Day!

To: "'List - Team.net Spitfire'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: New Castle - Beautiful Day!
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:57:01 -0400
Well??
Where was everybody today???!!!
all you East Coasters in the Penn.,Del, MD area?
didn't anyone make it to New Castle?
It was a gorgeous day.
117 cars on the field. The sponsoring club is marquee non-specific.
It was popular vote.
The river front...as too the neat little historic town (without all the
tourism crap)
was beautiful.

We took the Spit ('78) rather than my 73 BGT (hey it was a beautiful top
down day
I was the only Spit on the field at judging time....well for most of the day
  (well one MKIV did show up late ... and left early)

for that fact. '''kinda ' nice... got all the attention.
even a TR250 was envious of my exhaust note  :-)  they all wondered what was
under the hood!

didn't win any awards...but did win one of those nice folding chairs as a
door prize.
The free long sleeve t-shirt my girl friend claimed as hers.

I wore a shirt I made up (iron on transfers) with the MG List and Spitfire
list logos on the front
and photos (all my cars) on the back.

....no listers though......      bummer.

Well it was still a beautiful day..
a 1938 Jag SS100 that has run 'The Great Race' (across America)
took best of show.  Believe me..he deserved it.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire - in Cherry shape
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
wizardz@toad.net
http://www.teglerizer.com
(see menu for MG Automobiles  and Triumph Automobiles)