A story of thanks

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A story of thanks
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:54:36 -0700
Having only owned the 67 MGB Roadster for a couple of weeks, the battery
wouldn't seem to charge up.  Good current across the terminals when the engine
was running (14-16 volts), but the battery wasn't holding a charge.  Clearly
the (almost new) battery was bad.  Tests at the auto parts store confirmed my
suspicions.

Got the battery replaced last night, and the engine started right up.  I backed
the little monster out of the garage and she died.  Luckily, the new battery
had enough charge to crank the starter a dozen times or so before I realized I
had a fuel problem.

Took the fuel line off of the carb, and there was no pressure.  Remembering
that the click comes from the rear, I glanced back into the battery box
(passenger side) and I noticed that I had accidentally loosened the terminal on
my fuel pump!  Simple problem - simple solution!  I was quite proud that I
hadn't disassembled the entire car looking for this one!

I give credit to the people on this list that I was able to diagnose this
(albeit simple) problem myself, you got my confidence up!  Drove the roadster
to work this morning, and I intend to do so quite often!

- Tony Woodruff -
dryfly@geocities.com