O-Rings & Smith's Gauges

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O-Rings & Smith's Gauges
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 20:13:15 -0500
I promised to report back on the search for o-rings that can be used
under the bezel on Smith's gauges to hold the glass firmly in the face
and seal the front of the instrument.

I found some black rubber 0-rings in the plumbing department of the
local True-Value Hardware store: 2 1/8" od;  1 15/16" id;  3/16" wall.

These seem to do the job on the smaller gauges. Next week I'm going
across town to SealCo to find the o-rings for the 80 and 100 mm dials
and at that time, I'll see if there might be an even better fit for the
smaller ones too.

I paid US$1.50 for seven rings.

-Rock
--