Re: Locking shifter?

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Locking shifter?
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:50:26 -0400
...just thought of another variation from way back when.
This works well on the 'side-tunnel' type hand brakes as long as you brakes
are adjusted well.
Years ago a friend of mine made a brake handle version of the club.
A tube that slipped down over the hand brake lever that had a 'leg' that
stuck down
at an angle. When slipped over the handle after applying the brake, he
slipped a combination lock through a hole in it which limited you from
sliding it up of the brake handle.
It was a bit crude and a bit sloppy (fit wise...hey...we were just kids
ourselves)
but it worked very well.
You could probably rig up a better version by mounting a 'stop'
on the tunnel below the brake handle. When the handle is up...
the stop is pulled out or wrapped around the lever, stopping someone from
putting it down.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab