Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheel

To: mkris@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheel
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 20:49:33 -0500
mkris@sprynet.com wrote:

>         Four months ago I installed a new windshield.
>          Today was a top down, cruising day and I was driving behind a
>Suburban
> with the obligatory woman in the fro seat, car phone on one ear, screaming at
> the kid in the back yard (a/k/a back seat).
>         Needless to say a sharp right turn, which she couldn't handle, and
> through the gravel on the side of the road and a rock was thrown up hitting
>the
> new windshield in the corner.
>         Off she goes, merryily on her way and now I have a crack forming and
> will need a new windshield.
>         Can anyone answer me why these women NEED a MASSIVE TRUCK which they
> cant handle to transport one child and a cell phone?
> Chris
> MGB 1977 -needing a new windshield

Guess my advice is too late now, but I would have followed and got a
license number and a good look at the driver's face. Then I would have
gone to the police and reported that her careless driving (too fast for
her level of skill; leaving the paved surface of the road, out of
control) had damaged my car. Then I would have reported it to my
insurance company. I *think* in most states, when an accident report has
been filed, the police will assist in getting the person's information
and insurance company. If so then I would have filed with her company
and raised unholy hell doing so.

If we're more diligent in nailing these anal excrescences whenever we
can, maybe some of them will wake up and start to watch the road and
other traffic.

I'm beginning to note that the local level of attention and driving
skill has dropped through the toilet in the last three years and it
wasn't exactly exemplary to start with. Never a single day goes by now
without me seeing people brazenly running stop signs and red traffic
lights, a behavior pattern that kills way too many innocent people,
while the local cops spend all their time and resources trying to bust
the meth cookers, a crime that usually only kills the criminals.  ;)

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/