Re:

To: erich@mail.ngbm.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:12:24 EDT
Congratulations on your B and your first event!  There will be plenty more in
your future.  Good buy on the hard top, too.  Sorry, I can't help on painting
it.

As far as the brakes, a pulsing brake pedal can be from a warped rotor.  Did
you renew the brakes on the car?  When you mount the rotors, always use a
torque wrench to avoid warping them.

The noise you hear may be a brake pad rubbing a little on the rotor.  This
can be normal and will cause no problem.  It could also mean that a flexible
brake hose is collapsed and not allowing the brake fluid to return.  This
will wear out the pads quickly.  If you replaced all the hoses, this is
probably not the problem.  Does the car pull to one side when you apply the
brakes?  Also, check the adjustment of the rear brakes.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 10/11/99 2:45:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,