Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheelsudiv

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheelsudivisions)
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:12:25 -0500
Neil Cotty wrote:

> Larry,
>
> > sign and had the driver of the van or truck behind me turn their lights
> > to just the parking lamps until traffic starts to flow again. Usually I
>
> You are very lucky. Although Australia is not Texas, we still have LOTS of
> 4WD's (thats what we call Trucks :) on the road. They seem intent on getting
> as close as possible to the rear of my A, with their huge lights blinding
> me. I hate it!!

It's even worse in the Mini Cooper. A few years back, I had some idiots
in an old Ford messing wih me, running very fast at the back of the Mini
when I stopped at a stop sign, and just barely stopping, with brakes
squealing, inches from the rear of my car. I ran away from them and lost
them, then about a half mile later, there were the big headlights right
in my rear window again. I sped off with the bigger car right on my back
bumper, blinding me with the high-beams.

I swung into a shopping center parking lot and got away from the other
car just long enough to see the spinning red and blue lights on the
roof. Not the Ford.

I immediately stopped and got out of the car and put both hands on the
roof.

Within 30 seconds I was surrounded by black-and-whites with coplights
flashing, at least six or seven of them, with policemen pointing their
pistols right at my head and screaming obscenities and threats at me.

When I finally got to explain what had happened and chide the officer
for not realizing I couldn't see his coplights with the high-beams
blinding me, they apologized and let me leave, but only after three or
four of them got their pictures taken next to the Mini.   ;)

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/