Dear DPO, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!??!!?

To: mgb <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dear DPO, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!??!!?
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:36:51 -0400
Dear DPO,

Finally pulled the motor/tranny from the "B" I bought from you. Really
strange that the darn thing didn't just jump right out onto the
pavement. Why? Well, first off the motor mounts need more than 2 bolts
each in them, and you should try to use lock washers in the future,
preferably new.

Add to that, the tranny to block bolts...count the holes....2 starter
bolts and 3 long bolts just isn't a good thing! Well, at least you used
lock washers on two of these.

And what's with the thin threaded rod from the block to the tranny
cross-member...if you are going to make a "Stayrod" at least make it
from something solid...and fill in all the cross-member bolt holes...

Good to see you at least filled all the bolt holes and used lock washers
on the drive(prop)shaft.

Have a good day, and thanks for letting me take this car away from you
saving it from an early death.

BTW...since is it so thickly covered in grease and gunk...without using
a pressure washer, what do you recommend using to clean the engine and
tranny?

Sincerely,

Tim
'72 B, in a few extra pieces.