1978 MGB w/overdrive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1978 MGB w/overdrive
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:03:15 EDT
I am in the process of buying a 78 MGB roadster. Its not currently running
but the guy says he can get it going without much trouble. He says it should
be driveable to get it home (a few miles). The interior and body are good and
the motor seems to be all there. The guy says it has an overdrive
transmission. Was this an option on the 78 MGB??There is a small slide switch
on top of the gearshift. It says "on" and "off". Is this where the overdrive
is controlled. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.....Bill in Missouri

62 MK II MGA roadster
78 MGB roadster (coming to my garage, as of next week)