Re: differential problems

To: "David M McNaughton" <David@mcna.demon.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: differential problems
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:46:29 +0100
If you mean replacing it complete it is quite straightforward, just
bog-standard sockets, spanners etc.  I have just replaced a tube-type, you
might need a couple of tapered wedges or a puller to get the hub off the
half-shaft and the half-shaft and bearing out of the casing if you intend to
swap those parts from the old to the new.  Otherwise it is just common sense
and thinking it through before you start.  The biggest problem I had was
with the smallest component - removing the handbrake cable clip from the
bottom of the battery box with damaging clip, box or fuel pump.  Special
tools may be required to remove the diff from the casing though.

PaulH.