rust removal off small parts

To: "austin healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: rust removal off small parts
From: "ldsp" <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:31:51 -0500
Thanks to everyone on all the info and links that everyone has provided. Am
setting up a small vat for Electrolytic  cleaning . So far in the last
couple of days I tried out the concrete cleaner, rust remover gel by
MarHyde, and a couple of others. None of them impressed me at all as they
barely caused any change at all. tomorrow I will try some Phosphoric acid
85% strength that I got from an industrial chemical supply. I already have
all the proper protective equipment so I can do it safely ( this is some bad
stuff as per the MSDS sheet. Will let everyone know how it works. as a side
note it is really inexpensive (14.95 per gal.)

Thanks for all the info  and my check is also on the way to you Mark B. as
the list is definitely one of the things I do not want to be with out.

Leo