Re: throwout bearing

To: "Michael Jose" <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: throwout bearing
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:41:20 +0100
The friction, or driven, plate and flywheel and pressure plate are wearing
when they are in contact but not rotating at the same speed, i.e. when you
are moving off or holding the car on the clutch on a hill.  They are not
wearing, on a system with no defects, when the clutch pedal is fully up or
down.  However the release bearing is wearing anytime there is any pressure
on the clutch pedal and the engine is running.

PaulH.