Air temp control valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Air temp control valve
From: "Steven C. Zabel" <stubalub@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:54:25 EDT
        The air temperature control valve on my '76 B (feeding a ZS carb)
seems to have swallowed its tongue - the valve flap is MIA. I've noticed
that the needle on my temp gauge has been riding smack dab between C and
N.  I'm just putting one and one together, so...  does anyone have any
advice for replacing the flap (or rigging up a viable alternative)? Or
does anyone have an extra one they could spare for a modest price?

        -Steve
        '76 B