Re: British Marque Returns to US

To: Steve Conley <swconley@foxinternet.net>, MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Marque Returns to US
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 13:33:36 -0400
> No, it's not an MG! :(
>
> The "new" Jensen Motors is releasing a 2 seater with aluminum body wrapped
> around a Ford Cobra V-8 engine.
> Price for the new S-V8...$65,400 US.  Jensen aims to make 200 cars next
year
> at a site to be selected near Liverpool. The 1st 100 are pre-sold mostly
> within Britain.

> Steve Conley
> Marysville, WA  USA

The (London) motorshow pictures are quite stunning.  But do not forget other
launches.  AC has revealed a new car also.

TVR unveiled three cars at the LMS, the brand new Tuscan S6, a revamped
Cerbera, and a new GT2 car.  Why is this significant?  Well for TVR the
Tuscan is purposely built with stringent safety standards in mind, and I'll
leave it up to you to interpret from that what you wish... with the new GT
car, TVR may be racing at LeMans in 2000 (which would be most interesting!).
TVR also has made a huge deal of billing their new Tuscan S6 as a new
addition in the tradition of British motoring.

Other marque news is Lotus with their new concept car (complete this time)
at the LMS; Ascerri with their finally completed car and Vauxhall's Lotus
built wannabe Elise (funny how Lotus will be building a car for GM which
will be a Lotus knockoff).

Oh course, you can find links to AC, Jensen, Lotus and TVR at...

http://st143011.ithaca.edu/links/pages/

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
'74 Triumph TR6 -- '66 MGB, both @home

http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg/mgb/
'66 MGB Forsale (Resto/Parts); Phila. PA