underdash replacement panels for B (1971 MGBgt0

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: underdash replacement panels for B (1971 MGBgt0
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:36:06 EDT
Thanks to everyone who replied to my request for help on above.

 For anyone contemplating replacement of the their raggedy underpanels on a
similar model, here is what I learned.

I was unable to find the right underpanel with accomodation for
the radio speaker which was originally mounted to the pasenger side
underpanel.  It does have accomodation for wiper motor though.

There are three manufacturers of these undepanels and they are all pretty
much alike and there is only one model from each manufacturer which allededly
fits all B's.

The prices ranged from $67 a pair to $99 a pair for the same plastic product
with a felt backing.  The ones I got @$67 from B Hive in Clemson SC work fine
with some pusihng and cutting.  They had it on special.

Be sure to cut away a place for the hood (bonnet) release befor e putting
everything finally in place.  I overlooked this but it was easily remidied.
We drilled holes for the radio speaker to send
the sound through.  That works.

Now I don't catch my britches on the dangling underpanel when I slide my
short fat senior citizen bod into the car.......mel

---