Dead MGB - Part II

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dead MGB - Part II
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:17:57 -0400
Thanks to all that responded about My dead MGB.  Today I finally had time
to go over it and found that there is an inline fuse that appears in the
line from the ignition switch.  I have not found it on the circuit diagram,
but the fuse was one of the old lucas ones with the paper insert.  I guess
aboter 160,000 miles it had had enough.  ANyway replaced it any everthing
is back to normal.

During the excursion to find the fuse, I ran into two problems:

        1) How does one get the cover off of the sterring column?  I only found
one screw towards the back that could be accessed from the right side.  THe
other deep holes did not appear to have any screw heads down their bore.

        2) On my starter there is a fairly heavy plastic cover.  This does not
look like it will slide off easily.  Is there a way to get this off easily
without destroying it.

Thanks,

Bob Reisse
76 MGB