Re: HS4's vs. HIF's for RB

To: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS4's vs. HIF's for RB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:40:24 -0000
IMHO HIFs are more tricky to maintain as the carb has to be removed to
maintain the float valve and jet, and the float chamber cover seal is
perpetually in petrol and hence can leak.  I've no idea on relative
performance, but I suspect some of the reason for the differences to the HS
is emissions related, so may affect performance adversely.  I think all HIFs
had those throttle butterfly poppet valves, which frequently cause problems
with idle speed and certainly put a great lump of metal right in the air
flow.  I have two of each.

PaulH.