Questions #2

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions #2
From: stevejp2@juno.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:39:09 -0600
Thanks to those who responded to my previous Questions post.

The questions about what to grab onto to lift the engine from the car is
now a moot point as the engine is sitting on the garage floor....we used
the front and rear head bolts.  I hope that was OK because it worked
fine.

I am also looking for a couple more parts that I forgot in my first post.
 I need a heat shield for between the carb and manifold that is missing
and some alternator brackets.

My MGB had air conditioning fitted, and I am removing it, and the
brackets to the engine have been made for that purpose so the alternator
brackets are missing.  I'm not even sure what is needed.

Engine looks good at this point in the disassembly, only the one burned
valve that I had suspected.....I'm sure other things will pop up as the
process continues.

I will be looking for a good home for my air conditioning parts as I get
time to look at those if anyone is interested send me an e-mail.

Steve Piepenbrink
79 MGB
Will I ever figure out where all those pieces go?