Re: Namgbr representation

To: Johnmowog@aol.com
Subject: Re: Namgbr representation
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:01:50 -0500 (EST)
I thank you for your perceptions and feedback. What I need to know is have YOU
ever submitted
materials to the editor for publication in an effort to turn this thing around?
NAMGBR members
Officers and Coordinators are all voluntaries who recieve nothing in the way of
payment for the
many hours they donate to MG community. We pay our own way to and from events
and also pay all
entry fees to shows we attend. Heck, I just sent in my dues, we get nothing for
free.  It is
unrealistic to ask us to travel many hundreds and in some cases a few thounsand
miles to
represent the organization. The way I see it is, if you are there and you are a
member of
NAMGBR, YOU ARE a representive of the club. As Membership Coordinator I gladly
send information
literature / membership forms to clubs requesting them for use as registration
envelope stuffers
at events. I'll even send Free One Year Membership Certificates for use as door
prizes. There's
one catch....you have to ask me for them. We work hard to make the NAMGBR the
best it can be.

GOOD NEWS: Starting in the next MGB Driver there will be a new feature series
starting. In each
issue two Affilated Local Club Chapters will be featured. We will be notifying
the chapters
several months prior to the deadline of the issue we wish to feature them in
and at that point
to ball will be in their court. I personally have spearheaded this feature and
am real excited
to have MG Car Club - Long Island Centre as one of the first two clubs in this
series. The
other, you'll be happy to learn, will be a California based club.

Bottomline: You want to see more about west of Rockies happenings...make some
noise and we'll
listen and respond. MGB Driver is only as good as the materials it's membership
provides. Help
us make this organization what you want it to be.

Thanks again and Safety Fast, David Deutsch