Re: Radar traps!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radar traps!
From: "MGB73" <mgb73@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:10:11 -0800
Wish that story was in the hands of our local Police here in San Diego.  I
was driving the B by Miramar Marine Corp Air Station here in San Diego this
summer and got bagged by radar for my 1st speeding ticket in 15 years.  Lots
of armed Hornets flying out of there.

The last ticket was while I was on Temporary Duty (TDY) at Sunnyvale Air
Station.  After I got home (Colorado at that time), I got a summons in the
mail telling me I must report to hearing on the citation and that my
presence was mandatory.  So I arranged another TDY out there and reported to
the Judge.  Turned out they'd entered my speed as 650 miles per hour in
their system...fine was a bit more than a young AF Capt could afford but the
Judge was nice enough to reduce it 65 in a 55 zone.  (Funny that I was also
doing 65 in a 55 zone for this last ticket...I didn't think there was any
such thing as speeding in Calif.)

Nick
73 MGB