Re: Felons wanted (at least their advice)

To: Trefor Delve <tdelve@mathworks.com>
Subject: Re: Felons wanted (at least their advice)
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:24:31 -0800
Trefor,

        I almost got locked out of the trunk of my 77B a couple of weeks ago.
It did open after a bit of fiddlin' with it.  When I got it open I had a good
look at the cause of the problem.  It's wear on the cam that contacts the
latch.  Turns out that the area most worn (naturally) is the end of the cam
where it contacts the latch after the key has been fully turned in the lock.
What worked for me was to barely turn the key out of the lock position and then
press the button while leaning on the trunk lid.  The initial part of the cam
had hardly any wear and was thick enough to actuate the latch.  Later on, I
judiciously built up the end of the cam by use of a hammer.

That's my $.02 worth.  As they say, YMMV.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB