Charge prob solved, new prob...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Charge prob solved, new prob...
From: "Steven Miller" <bonding@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:36:05 PST
     Thank you all for your help with my problems with not getting any
charge.  In case you care, Paul Hunt gave me the solution.  The brown and
yellow wire off of the ignition switch was broken somewhere inside of
itself.  Solution was to run a new wire from the ignition switch to the
alternator.  Methinks I soon am going to need a new wiring harness. ;)
     So I spent four hours driving sunday.  And loved every second of it.
This is the reason I bought this car.  That is the good news, the bad news
is that as I was pulling into the driveway the throttle cable snapped.  That
is not the problem I will have a new one in two days, the real problem is
that the linkage that the cable connects to on the carb assembly, broke in
half as I was trying to remove it.  Is this piece just a stud with two holes
drilled in it?  It looks like a screw with its head cut off and a couple of
holes drilled through it.  one side goes through a plate and is held in with
a washer and a cotter pin.  The other side has two nuts wich lock the
throttle cable in place to hold the cable.  I guess my question is, is this
the normal way that the cable is held?

Any input would be much apreciated.

Thanks,
   Steve Miller