MGB Engine removal

Subject: MGB Engine removal
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:38:55 -0600
Time to pull the engine in my B again.  Oil
pressure relief problems again.  This time it's
not going back in.  I'm putting in a used short
block for now until I can fix the otherwise great
short block currently in the car.

I've pulled the engine twice before, both times
with the gearbox. Not fun.  (transmission mount on
an overdrive box is NO fun to refit).  Is it
easier to leave the gearbox in place and just pull
the engine?  It usually takes me about a day to do
the transmission mount, so avoiding that would be
a big big help.

Thanks; I plan on doing this next week.

--
Tyson Sherman