RE: Peco Exhaust System

To: Tim Economu <economu@whidbey.com>
Subject: RE: Peco Exhaust System
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:32:39 -0800
One negative response.  The Paeco system is more likely to have problems
clearing rear tube shocks than the original system  (larger diameter).
Something to keep in mind if you have made that modification.  The good news
is that you can cut and rotate the components to interesting angles easily,
then then butt weld the system back together.  The steel is not aluminised
and welds easily.  With suitable rotation, I was able to get lots of
clearance for the rear Koni shocks on my race car.  One other plus is that
the rear muffler can be removed easily at the slip joint and replaced by a
straight pipe for those times when you want the car to sound like a race
car.

Kelvin.