Tough start?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tough start?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:42:20
My 78 B roadster doesn't like to start up first thing in the day.  Once it
has been started for the day, it'll pretty much start well for the
remainder of the day.  I can turn it, but it won't catch and fire, until a
fair amount of tries.  I'm going to give it a good post-purchase once-over,
but any thoughts are appreciated.  It's not a crack in the distributor cap
as it reliably starts in wet weather as long as it's been done previously
at least once that day (I've had other bad caps, and this isn't acting like
that).

TIA

- Tab