Factory Hardtop Parts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Factory Hardtop Parts
From: "Rob Geskey" <MGB_69@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:09:52 -0600
Aha, a question maybe I can help with before everyone else does?  There are
a lot of people in this great group with vast knowledge and seem to post the
answers before I can even read the questions.
I recently found a couple of sources to purchase some if not all of the
seals for factory hardtops.  It seems that I have read on the list that
factory tops were all painted but I must have a rare beast in that it is
vinyl covered on the outside, but other than that it is the same as the
painted ones.  This particular MG I own was purchased in Europe in 1969 with
the hardtop if that means anything as to how it got to be vinyl.
You will probably need to replace the clouded side windows too.  I replaced
the Plexiglas with safety glass to avoid scratches and all.  Make sure you
soak the screws in the window frames with something like PB to hopefully
avoid breaking off the screws in the brackets that hold the frames together.
I have not ordered new seals yet, but will be soon.  Try these two sources
for the seals you need.

mgspares@mgownersclub.co.uk

LBCarCo@LBCarCo.com

By the way, if anyone knows where to find the internal brackets that hold
the side window frames together, I would appreciate knowing otherwise I
guess it is time to visit a machine shop.  The cat stole
one....arrrrgggghhhh
Rob
(Keeper of Bs)