Re: Fibre optic source?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fibre optic source?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:55:30 -0000
The last time I looked at a list of generic colours it was to a British
Standard dated after the last MGB was built, and a number of colour usages
were different.  However red/white is the instrument lighting on the MGB,
and at some point manufacturers of lesser vehicles started illuminating
instruments and controls from a single lamp (the fibre-optic source) with
fibre optic strands going to each instrument or control that was
illuminated.

Not to be confused with white/red, which on the MG is the ignition switch to
starter solenoid or relay wire.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )