RE: 68 MGB Steering Wheel

To: mistebar@juno.com
Subject: RE: 68 MGB Steering Wheel
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:47:46 -0800
Mike:

        The 68-69 MGB steering wheel is unique.  It is a banjo 15" wheel
that looks just like the earlier 63-67 one.  There is no horn push assembly
and the spline is smaller and unique.  The good news is that the wheel was
stronger than the 63-67 one for some reason.  The spline is the same as a
TR6, so a used wheel from that vehicle is a good replacement that is
stronger and smaller in diameter.
        Other than that, the usual gang of suppliers have replacement wheels
for the car.

        On the second note.  SU fuel pumps are not a problem.  They do use
points, that can get corroded and/or burnt.  Once the points are cleaned/
replaced the pump is very reliable and long lived.  I just fired the
Magnette pump that was rebuilt in 1983.  A quick clean with a points file
and the pump fired up after 5 years of storage.

Kelvin.