Moss coil over suspension

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss coil over suspension
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:55:51 -0600
    Anyone installed one of the Moss coil over front suspensions?  I put
one on a '67 B a couple of years ago and got the car rolling around.  It
always sat high but I never fooled around and adjusted it.
    Well, I did get around to adjusting it and it sits waaaay too high.
The collars are at the bottom of the shock and the spring is seated at
the top.  The spring keeps the car at the top of the travel--there is no
"up" to it when one lifts on the fender.  Conversely, bouncing my fat
butt on it gives less than 1/2" travel downwards.  I checked the
directions and it was properly installed, or at least it looks like it.
    Moss Motors gave me the "I'll have someone call you, etc." but no
one ever did.  I tried again this AM and talked to the recommended
person who admitted that he had absolutely no knowledge of them and
couldn't figure out why I was connected to him.  He will, however, have
the suspension person call today w/out fail.  Yep, and the check is in
the mail.  Losing a lot of faith here, folks.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have found that in matters
like this there is something glaringly obviously wrong--something I have
done, usually.  This time I can't see it though.  Suggestions greatly
appreciated.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO