Rack Lubrication

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Rack Lubrication
From: mistebar@juno.com
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:07:01 -0800
Thanks for all the help on my question on steering wheel and fuel pump
for our 68 MBG-GT. I was "playing" under the car and see that the
steering boots are almost non-existent and the rack gears are exposed. My
Haynes book is not very helpful on lubricating it, except telling me to
"inject the correct amount and grade of oil". How do I inject it. I see
the Moss catalog refers to 90 wt oil. Also, I have an 1998 Chilton's MG
book which tells you to use a grease gun on the lub fittings on the side
of the rack. Is this instead of using the 90 wt oil, or in addition to??

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Mike
Mistebar@Juno.com