Re: Wire Wheels help

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels help
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:40:30 -0800
Actually, before you attack wire wheels with a big hammer, one suggestion
I have heard but not tried is to loosen (but not remove) the center nut,
and then drive the car slowly in a tight circle. The idea is to apply a
little sideways stress to break loose the hub "sticktion". Obviously if
the vehicle is non-op this won't work.

To head off another possible brainstorm, I once tried to use a small
scissors jack (from a Honda 600) placed between the wheel and the leaf
spring to press the wheel off. The jack broke.

Good luck.

Mike Razor had this to say:

--

Max Heim