MG Magic (was - Re: Alt Belt)

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Magic (was - Re: Alt Belt)
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:20:44 -0500
Heh heh, that picture (or series of pictures) has a great story
behind them.

I had to talk my mom into riding out to our church in PA with me
last year when I was home in December.  She wasn't too thrilled at
the idea, even though I told her we'd drive with the top up.  We got
out there, took some pictures (which can be seen at:
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/pictures.htm )

I told her that the weather was too cold to put the top back up for
the two-minute trip home, so she went along with it.  I got home,
and she sent me out for groceries...As you can see from the pics, a
snowstorm was brewing.  I drove to the grocery store, top down, and
it started snowing.  Halfway there, I saw a truck pull up behind me
and start flashing it's lights.  I gave a jaunty wave and tried to
remember how cold you had to be before your ears would fall
off...Anyway, the truck followed me to the shopping center, and when
I got out the truck driver did too.  As it turns out, it was a dear
old stage director who I worked with in High School and hadn't seen
in about five years.

Our conversation went something like this:

"Hey, my wife and I saw you and she said, 'look at that idiot
driving with his top down in a snowstorm!'
I took one look and said to her, 'that's no idiot, that's Mike
Lishego!'"

Thanks to the guy who recommended that picture to Kim at the MGB
Driver Mag.  I'm really honored, and Little Miss is too!

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata
1986 Plymouth Turismo T1