Re: Radiator Support

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Support
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:28:17 -0800
Survey on color--The last GT I owned, a '67, was originally a blue
car, but had a black diaphram and supports.  I stripped it of OEM
paint, and it was always black.  My current '64 roadster (G engine)
has a black shell, so no telling.

Logically speaking, it may have been that early cars had the support
assembled with the car and painted body color, but someone may have
realized early on that it was better to leave it off until the engine
was installed (does anyone have factory pic of the assembly line?).
Or they really came in different colors, and the guy on the floor
grabbed from the correct bin, until the day there was a strike in the
shoip that made the Iris Blue ones, the whole line came to a halt in
sympathy,  and someone decided it would make sense that they were all
one color, out of the same bin...
Chris Attias
'64 MGB
'84 Alfa Romeo GTV-6