Re: Fw: 76 MGB Rust problem

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 76 MGB Rust problem
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:40:29 -0800
Yes, that is an important structural member. The MGB has no frame, as
such, it is unibody construction like all modern cars. Replacement metal
parts are available from the usual suppliers that can be welded in,
but... if that piece is that far gone, it is likely that the sill and the
floorboard are also dubious. You should take out the carpets to examine
the floors, and poke around underneath with a pointy screwdriver and a
magnet to determine the full extent of the problem.

One question: were you jacking it up using the original jack and jack
socket, or were you using a floor jack or bottle jack under the frame
member (not recommended)?

Good luck.

Dan Ray had this to say:

--