RE: Car Covers

To: "Scott Regel" <SRegel@dpra.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Covers
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:12:07 -0500
Scott,

I bought one online at http://www.coverking.com/ and had a good experience.
Regardless of where you buy one, you want to make sure that it is
weatherproof, BUT will breath.  You will get some condensation underneath
the cover but will do little harm as long as the cover can breath.  For a
car I keep outside in the Michigan winter I chose a Tyvek cover.  It is very
lightweight, quite waterproof, and has good breathability.  Not too costly
either. As long as you are not driving your B on saltly roads and just have
it parked you probably won't have a problem with rust.  The colder out it is
the drier out it is!  Of course I have no financial interest, YMMV, and this
is of course just MHO.
HTH
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA (lives in warm garage)
'86 Audi 4kcsq (lives under tyvek cover)