Re: Recent Purchase

To: Jerry Greenberg <jgreenb1@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Recent Purchase
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:48:26 -0800
Word on the street is that Jerry Greenberg said:
> I will be checking all fluids, hoses, brake lines, etc.  The car needs a
> battery.  I'm new to MGs (still own a TR6) but I would like to convert this
> car from two 6-volt batteries to one 12-volt.  Can anyone tell me how this
> is done?  Is there any mystery to this?

Better plan on replacing every piece of rubber on it if it's been sitting
since 1984!  I would change all the fluids and bring up the oil pressure
before running it too.

No mystery to the 12v conversion, just get a "Group 26" 12 volt battery
(make sure it doesn't have the plastic tabs on the sides for modern
clamps or it will get hung up) and drop it in.

> Can anyone recommend an excellent maintance manual?  I'm going to buy a
> Hanes manual but are there any others?

Haynes is good:

http://www.mgb.bc.ca/reference/books.html

Welcome to the world of MG :)

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)