True Grit

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: True Grit
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:56:56 -0000
Hi, All.

Just a note to let you know that you don't have all the weather in the
states.
Here in York, it's -5C and freezing hard. I've spent the afternoon fitting
Rex's reconditioned rear axle-no easy task without assistance but it did
help to tie the free side of the axle to the spring while I put the other
side U-bolts in; I believe it's called 'neccitas mater inventum'.
OTOH, I do have a question, or am seeking an opinion. When I bleed the rear
brakes, I intend to rack the adjusters right up tight, so that the slave
pistons will be pushed in by the shoes. I've found this helps with the bleed
in the past. Anyone else tried it?

Yours, from Ice Station Yankee,

Dave Hill

David Hill/Psychomotor