Re: Amp meter in Midget

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Subject: Re: Amp meter in Midget
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:43:04 -0000
I would advise that you don't connect it up again.  You have to interrupt
the cables that connect all of the electrics (except the starter) to the
battery which introduces several additional points of failure, and even if
you use very heavy cables you will always get additional volt-drops that
will be most noticeable as slow flashers.  If you need to fill a hole in the
dash fit a voltmeter, it will tell you whether you are charging are not.
But neither the ammeter nor the voltmeter will tell you if your car is going
to start in the morning!

PaulH.