Re: MG cam

To: Robert.Reid@intermec.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG cam
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:02:21
At 09:27 AM 12/22/99 -0800, Robert.Reid@intermec.com wrote:
>I am looking for a cam for my '79 MGB.  Does anyone have a line on a good
one at a good price?

Uh, yup, and yup.  Crane Mechanical Lifter Camshaft for Non-Emissions
Vehicles (which is what we all drive, right?).  Crane part number 342-0010,
good performance street cam, not full race, similar to a Kent or Piper 270,
but maybe a tad more lift.  Incidentally, I have been informed by "a very
reliable source" that this is the very same cam that Moss sells as 222-270
Camshaft, high performance.

I just got a new price from ANOTHER Crane dealer, $174.95, and verification
this morning that this dealer does indeed have exactly one in stock at
their own warehouse (Crane has none in stock).  Maybe I'll tell you where
AFTER I get my hands on it.  }8^)

Meanwhile, Crane has one damn good web site, so check it out:
    <http://www.cranecams.com/master/toc.htm>

Regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude