Re: MGB Torque steer.

To: "Steve Murphy" <k8vo@flyingbeers.org>
Subject: Re: MGB Torque steer.
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:03:09 -0600
At 5:16 PM -0500 12/21/99, Steve Murphy wrote:
>After getting the wiring on the 77B fixed, I took it for it's first highway
>trip since owning the car... about 150 miles worth.  I noticed that when
>accelorating and/or going through the gears I have to correct the steering
>(slightly) as the drivetrain loads and unloads.  I suspect worn leaf spring
>bushings allowing the rear end to move slightly off axis depending on
>torque... am I on the right track?
>Thanks!
>Steve Murphy
>77 MGB

Could be, but check the U bolts holding the rear axle in place first.
If they are worn or loose they will cause a slight axle drift with
the result you mentioned.

Bob Shaw
Lincoln NE
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/index.html

Like This Internet Resource? Click to Recommend-It (r)
<http://www.recommend-it.com/l.z.e?s=302207>